With the exception of regularly scheduled meals and nap/rest time, our daily rhythm will be free flowing with the energy and desires of the group. At Rewild the Child we do not have any screen time, I will save that break from the chaos for you as the parent. This daycare does not look like your average with rainbow colored plastic toys, battery powered devices and foam covered everything. The majority of toys I provide are constructive, Montessori style wooden toys, blocks, dolls, dress up clothes, musical instruments, play cars, and etc. We have an infant corner, a reading corner, and easily accessible toys displayed.
Things we do:
- Reading time
- Lots of outdoor play, weather permitting. This is not scheduled and welcome anytime the group would like as long as it’s not meal or nap time. We have a huge privacy fenced in backyard with a play structure, sandbox, natural blocks, and much room to run. Many additions are currently being constructed in the backyard (and planned to be completed by the opening) such as a mud kitchen, the children’s garden with sensory path, a music wall, bug habitat hotel, and playhouse.
- Daily arts and crafts indoors and out with an emphasis on nature based mediums and tools.
- Dramatic play with the wardrobe of dress up clothes.
Once a week we have local yoga instructor Bee Queener coming to the house to lead a toddler friendly class.
Yoga helps kids to:
- Develop body awareness
- Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement
- Build concentration
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
- Have an alternative to tuning out through constant attachment to electronic devices